Skip to main content

The Honest Post - Phase 2

Read Phase 1 here

Came October and the most inevitable happened. My current relationship came tumbling down and I was single again. No matter how meaningless the relationship, a heart break is always a heartbreak. The first person I called after this happened was Cal. And he being his true self cheered me up. No, he did not do the usual 'chance pe dance' and try to woo me. Nor did I use him as a shoulder to cry on. I was over the relationship in like four hours, because nothing about it seemed right and I somehow looked forward to being single again. See, moping over something that's over is an individual choice. I did once for three years. Never again. Go ahead, feel free to judge me.

Not being tied to someone else gave me ample free time. Like I said before that I'm not a home body, I seek solace outside. There was someone else doing the same then. Yes, Mister Cal himself. Both of us have been crazily independent and have only turned towards our friends for comfort. So, at this juncture we found ourselves facing each other. Our occasional meetings then turned into an everyday necessity. Initially we started meeting up every weekend, then started the weekdays. Both of us used to finish work and head towards 'Airlines Hotel' diligently. We sat there and spoke new topics every day. Nobody tried to impress the other, but we sure were surprising each other everyday with our ability to hold on to a meaningful conversation. The feelings were obvious, but I ignored it from my end. I felt it was too soon to get into another relationship especially when I did not want to be in one. Even if he had something in mind, he didn't make it obvious.

By November 2011, my travel was announced. I was to leave by the end of the month and be away for another month. It was a rainy day when my dates got confirmed. The only person I informed was Cal. I don't know what happened to him, but he had a sudden urge to see me then. And for some strange reason I too wanted to be with him. I don't know, travel anxiety or whatever. But the damned rain. It just wouldn't stop. A little drizzle would have been easy to bear, but this was almost a torrent. But he called and asked me to wait in Barista. That was my plan anyway. I sat there waiting for him, feeling a million feelings within me. It was not more than 10 minutes, when he arrived. He was wearing track pants and was soaking wet from top to bottom. He stays 20 kms away from the place mentioned mind you. That relief in each others face when we saw the other cannot be explained. He first frowned at my yellow shoes and then hugged me tight. My nerves finally calmed down and now coming to think of it, I feel that I've never ever been assured, like I was that day. He seemed to be really happy for me and I myself was thrilled too about my first ever international travel. The thought of not seeing each other for about a month hit us both, but neither of us said anything. That day was just about me. He let it be like that.

A couple of weeks before the travel we went to RASA again to celebrate. That night too stretched into an airport night. It was 11-11-11. And just like the date, it was special. All we did that night was talk and sip on coffee. And then he asks me, "What the hell am I supposed to do when you're not here"? I did not answer, only because I was thinking of the same question inside my head. Day broke and we went back to our houses to get some much required sleep. By evening, we were back together again. Not once did we feel it to be strenuous or stressful. It was something we both wanted to do and surprisingly our bodies held strong. It was a good feeling. By the time my travel dates approached, we both had established that it would be extremely difficult for us to survive without each other. That was when Cal started his now famous "Don't go" cry. It was the cutest thing in the world. And equally painful. Again, not once did we question as to what was happening. We did not feel the need to.

Finally the dreaded day arrived. The same day he had a close relative's engagement to attend and I had to leave for the airport by 7 pm. I only got my passport in hand by 4 pm and I was still at work then. Cal got done with the engagement and rushed to my office. It was 5 by then and we had only an hour to go. I had to finish my last minute packing and getting ready, so I had allocated an hour for it. Meeting him then was one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life. There was a tear in his eye as he said goodbye. Why did he not drop me to the airport you ask? Well, it was my first travel outside the country and my parents and sister were coming to drop me off. They did not know about him, so he had to stay away. So that was all we had, an odd 50 minutes. It was then that he gave me 'A walk to Remember' to read on the flight. Yes, the first gift and something that I would treasure for the rest of my life. He dropped me home soon after and I bade goodbye with a sinking feeling in my stomach.

I reached the airport, bade goodbye to my sobbing parents and finished my check in. As I sat waiting to board, I called Cal. 10.30 pm. I reached Mumbai by 11.40 pm and my flight to Dubai was only at 4.20 am. Guess who was on call with me throughout the entire wait. I asked him to go to sleep, he said no. When it was time for me to board, he made me promise him that I would call from Dubai. But I wanted him to get some good sleep as he had to go to work the next day. But he wouldn't budge. Reluctantly I made the promise and boarded the flight. As soon as I reached Dubai I called him. 6.45 am his time. Sleepily he answered the phone. I had only about 20 minutes to board my next connecting flight. I sat right in front of the boarding gate talking to him until the last and final call to board was made. After a dozen miss yous from both ends I finally switched my phone off and boarded the plane. Throughout the entire 9 and a half hour journey I had only one thing in my mind. And one thing held tight in my hand.

A walk to remember.

To be continued.

~ Soumya

Comments

  1. This was so cute! :') *happy tears*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nov 11th is a special day for me too.

    The date of my wedding.

    Cheers to you and Lohith!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww...it couldn't have been more adorable. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im absolutely loving this 'series'. You two sound supremely cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting for phase 3 already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey bring out the Phase3 soon!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A walk to Remember"...aww! that was such an adorable end of this post.
    It really is cute...the way your story is unfolding :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so adorable Soumya :):)
    i am like so happy for you guys!
    *touchwood touchwood touchwood*
    waiting for the next part :):*<3

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Write your story soon too!! :)

      Can't wait to read your love story :D

      Mmuaahhh <3

      Delete
  9. Another beautiful entry! It's so honest that I could feel as every of your chapter unravels. Yes! I'm waiting for part 3 too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much. The next phase shall be out soon :)

      Delete
  10. I feel all gooey inside, reading this. Like a warm, freshly-baked brownie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its like a novel in itself... excellent narration. Waiting for the next .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a sucker for love...and this just makes me go awww *touchwood* :* :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. simple yet touching.. Loved the way you described the time you both spent together. The small things so beautifully woven together that it kept on making me read. Eagerly waiting for the next part! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :).. Next phase shall be out soon in a while :)

      Delete
  14. Hello there!
    You have been awarded the “Creative Blogger Award” :)
    Have a look at http://srishkuk.blogspot.in/
    Congrats and Keep Writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Thank you so much. Its been quite a while since I've been awarded.

      Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  15. It's been so long since I commented, I thought I should drop by and say hi :D And let you know I haven't missed a post in a long time either :P

    And this, this right here is what I want. A fairytale without the frills :)

    God bless <3

    and do go on... :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fairytale and you deserve it. Lucky bums!!! :)
    Prayers and wishes!!
    The D Day is round the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. God Bless u guys!

    Have a happy, prosperous n long married life :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Raj, thank you so much.

      Thank you so much for making it to the reception too :)

      Delete
    2. Happy that I did.. u guys looked WoW together!

      God bless guys! :)

      Delete
  18. I was really tempted to read this before the first phase, but then I went back and read that! Really nice post! :)
    Following your blog, would love for you to check out my blog! :)

    Love,
    Krittika

    xx

    http://krittikabarua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Its too good nicely written :) Waiting for next phase post it soon :)

    Thanks,
    Nandan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats pretty witty ! God bless you both. I am so happy for you ..i have followed your journey ...way back...until now your married ! Best wishes ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Since i wrote blogs i have followed and admired you being a real person...so brave , witty , outspoken , a best writer and a lioness .. Congrats pretty witty you have found your life...so happy for you !

    ReplyDelete
  22. On a reading marathon here, with two or three tears here and there. :*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Just like me, say what you feel. While constructive criticism is welcome, please keep it subtle and kind. Thank you!